We are currently seeking an experienced Controller to direct all accounting and financial activities of the organization.
Successful candidate will:
- Make recommendations and establish corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the company.
- Provide management with timely reviews and meaningful management reports of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Oversee and supervise the accounting staff and activities within the accounting department in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Support and enforce organizational goals, policies, procedures and values.
- Create financial schedules, ensure timely completion of all financial statements. Prepare timely reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Analyze variances and take corrective action. Insure accounting and financial reporting is accurate, timely, and complete.
- Establish cash flow policies, monitor cash flow and make intelligent investment decisions.
- Oversee and direct audit, tax, accounting, short/long range forecasting, investment, and business insurance activities for the organization. Establish and maintain relationships with outside accounting firm, financial institutions, and insurance brokers.
- Prepare and implement departmental budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification. Analyze discrepancies between actual and budgeted expectations, take corrective action.
- Approve company expenditures by credit card holders, and oversee and manage corporate credit card expenditures. Review, approve, and analyze utility expenditures, make recommendations, develop and implement cost saving measures and conserve organizational resources.
- Monitor internal controls and processes in all areas of the business and make recommendations for increased efficiency, accuracy and cost savings. Advise department managers responsible for purchasing, cost accounting, freight, sales, commissions and other cost centers of proper accounting procedures and processes, and assist with implementation of those procedures. Develop and present workable implementation plans.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code and regulatory provisions.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies, arrange and participate in internal and external company audits.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to establish procedures within computer application systems (ie: PCI compliance) necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Organize the secure storage of accounting and other company financial records.
- Manage and delegate special projects.
- React well under pressure; manage competing demands. Develop alternative solutions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Ensure the professional and courteous atmosphere of the company and the Accounting Department at all times by maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (preferably in Accounting or Finance) from a four-year college or university.
- 7-15 years related experience.
- Experience in Cost Accounting mandatory, CPA/CMA is preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9001, TS16949, and ITAR also preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPA/CMA is a plus.
- Honesty, integrity, and reliabiltiy to ensure the utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance preferred; and 7-15 years related experience. Must have the ability to operate a PC and all office equipment. Strong work experience with MS Office, Excell spreadsheet (advanced skill level), ERP accounting software required. Experience with Intuitive accounting system, Crystal Reports, payroll systems and contact management systems preferred. CPA helpful.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (626) 691-2125.